12/02/2011

New music!

Hello.

It's been some time hasn't it? Here we are in 2011 and it feels like ages since last we've spoken. And it has been. Far too long. So I'm writing to you now to let you know about a few musical things that may be of interest to you...

First, there is a new Kalte album coming out on March 15th on the Petcord netlabel. “Fissures” features five new songs inspired by the mysteries of the Hadopelagic Zone, continuing our study of cold sounds and deep isolation. We're very pleased with it and we look forward to hearing what you think of it.

In addition, those of you that are local and those of you with an excess of frequent flyer points may be interested to know that Kalte will be playing a show on March 9th here in Toronto to celebrate the release of "Fissures". We'll be working with the new material and also revisiting some old chestnuts, so be sure to mark it in your calendar and I'll let you know more details when we have them.

On the subject of Kalte, if you’d like to be updated with more information about “Fissures”, Kalte live shows, or any other news we feel you need to know about, please add us on Twitter or join our group on Facebook. We’ll make sure to keep you up to date with the necessary Kaltenews.

In mara's torment related news, I'm pleased to inform you that I have a remix that appears on the newly released "Turning Point" album by Prospero. "Turning Point" is a strong testimony to Prospero's fabulous musical talents and features nine new tracks along with remixes by Xorcist, Fractured and more (including my remix of Prospero's "Extinct"). It's a really great Industrial release and I totally encourage you to check it out at http://www.artoffact.com/releases.php

And what of the new mara's torment release, I hear you saying? Where is the new music that you keep promising? Ummmmmm, I'm still promising it? No, really, it's coming, in fact I spent a good part of the afternoon today tweaking and working on new tracks and ummmmm, it's coming together. Slowly. Have faith, it's still coming...

So new mara's torment is something I'm afraid you'll have to wait for, but in the meantime be sure to check out the new Kalte and Prospero releases noted above, and be sure to let me know how you're doing, I'm always happy to hear from all of you!

Cheers,

rik
mara's torment
http://www.marastorment.com

No comments: