04/10/2009

New Kalte Show, New CD, New Review and New Twitter Account!

Oh dear. It's been some time since I've last posted here, and I imagine that you've all been missing me fiercely. My sincerest apologies, I'm afraid that sometimes life and music making have a habit of getting in the way of my e-communications, but know that I've been thinking about all of you fondly during my absence.

So, thank you to those of you that made it out to one or both of the Kalte shows in August, it was great to see so many of you and we had a wonderful time playing our songs live, so much so that we'll be doing it again on Thursday October 15th! We'll be playing as part of the Monsters in Your Head Headphone music event at Gallery 1313 (1313 Queen Street West in Toronto, just west of Dufferin) along with Nick Storring and L'Ombre.
Cover is $9 at the door (bring your own headphones or borrow a pair at the door), and it's a 19+ event. We're on first, about 8pm, so please do make sure you arrive early. It promises to be quite an exciting evening and I look forward to seeing all of you there! For more information, please be sure to visit the Monsters in Your Head Event page on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155460272440&index=1

In addition to the Kalte live show, I wanted to let you know that I have a new EP called Dexterity coming out on AtmoWorks on November 13. It's five tracks long, about forty minutes of music, and it addresses conceptual issues of loss and deterioration. It's a bit uneasy to listen to, but I'm hoping you'll enjoy it. Samples will be posted on the mara's torment myspace page shortly for you to check out. If you're not already familiar with the wonderful music that comes from AtmoWorks, then by all means please check out their website!

I also wanted to mention that "across for show..." received a wonderful review from Morpheus Music. Thanks very much to them for their kind support!

Last, but certainly not least, I thought you should know that I now have a mara's torment Twitter account. Everything you could possibly hope to know about me, all in 140 characters or less. Feel free to add me by visiting http://twitter.com/marastorment

So that's about it for now, but don't worry, I'll be back again soon with some new information and maybe even some more new music!

See you then!

rik
mara's torment
http://www.marastorment.com

No comments: